Date:          Tue, 14 Nov 2000 09:56:24 -0800
From:          Paul David L LtCol 60MDG/SGOMM <email @ redacted>
Subject:       insulin pump and autoimmune disease
To:            "'email @ redacted'" <email @ redacted>

Have a 15 year old type 1 diabetic on insulin pump who has developed
fatigue, increasing insulin requirements, very high titer ANA,
musculoskeletal complaints / headaches, anemia.

Obviously having Type 1 diabetes puts her at risk for other CV / autoimmune

 BUT:  has anyone with larger pump experience than I noticed a possible
increase in autoimmune / collagen vascular problems in kids on pump ( ?
related to foreign body reaction ).

David Paul, MD
Travis AFB, CA
send the next two lines in a message