[IPm] news on medscape: subcutaneous glucagon use for mi

Thought this might be of interest

Glucagon is usually given as an intramuscular injection in severe
hypoglycaemia. The study looked at using subcutaneous injections of
smaller doses of glucagon in children with gastroenteritis who can't
eat and children who are refusing carbohydrate. Apparently it worked
very well at maintaining blood sugars.

I've seen a number of statistics on how long it takes information to
get from a study into clinical practise. The highest figure I've seen
so far is 17 years (!), but the average seems to be ten. And this
seems like it could be something very useful.

Michael Robinton
Executive Director
send the next two lines in a message
to the e-mail address: email @ redacted