Re: [IPm] E-News 3/12/2000

If you read this article a tad more closely, you'll notice that it is filled
with passive voice:  "it is thought,"   "it appears,"  "researchers hope."
You know what?  It is thought that someday Ed McMahon may appear on my
doorstep, and I hope to become very wealthy, but until that dream becomes a
reality, I'll keep my mouth shut and not get my hopes up.  Thirty years ago
when I was diagnosed with DM, my physician at Joslin in Boston told me that
"they" were on the verge of a cure, and that I probably wouldn't have to
worry about taking insulin for too much longer.  And guess what?  I'm still
waiting.  When I open your e-mail, I do it with the hope that it contains
information that will help me NOW, I don't choose to read the news equivalent
of alien life landing in the desert.  Pay attention to what you print, you
are rapidly achieving "National Enquirer" status.
send the next two lines in a message
to the e-mail address: email @ redacted