[IPm] E-News 3/9/2000

From one of our readers...

Regarding your protein in the urine article. There is a product called
Chemstrip Micral the doctors' can use in their office to detect small
amount of protein (microalbuminuria). Micral is a one-minute dip & read
urine test that detects very small amounts of protein, much sooner than
conventional urine protein tests can detect it, and still while there is
time to prevent long term complications. Patients should ask their doctor
about this screening test, especially if they have diabetes and/or
hypertension. Thanks.

Dr. Joe, the Diabetes Doctor

Visit our web site at http://www.diabeteswell.com