[IPm] question

I apologise for asking a question so soon after joining the list, but the need is urgent.

Does anyone have any experience with using the insulin pump in a young child with a VP (ventricular peritonial) shunt?  Are there any contraindications?

We have a young child with Down's syndrome and a VP shunt subsequent to neurological complications, and type 1 diabetes who has requested assessment for the pump.  We can find nothing in the standard literature which addresses this combination.

We are a small clinic in Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada.  I'm dietitian with the clinic - and I'm elected to be on-line because I'm most comfortable with the computer.  At the moment we have about 150 children in our clinic, with about 25 pumpers.

I'm looking forward to learning more about the experience of others.

Janet von Weiler

Janet von Weiler
Dietitian, Paediatrics
Saint John Regional Hospital
Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada
Telephone (506) 648-7052
email email @ redacted

"This is a personal email.  Any opinions, statements, advice
or recommendations contained in this email are my own,
and do not reflect those of  Atlantic Health Sciences Corporation."
send the next two lines in a message
to the e-mail address: email @ redacted