Re: [IPm] [Fwd: Pump occlusion]

Michael Weiss wrote:
> Subject: Pump occlusion
> Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2000 23:59:43 -0500
> From: Michael Weiss <email @ redacted>
> To: email @ redacted
> I am the father of a wonderful 11 y.o. boy dx'd with IDDM 9/98 and
> pumping since 4/99. We have found the pump to have a steep learning
> curve well worth the effort.
> Periodically, my son's sugars go up and when we check the tubing there
> is cloudy debris at the junction of the reservoir and the tubing. I have
> sent the tubing to Minimed to analyze. No word yet on their findings.
> Has anyone else experienced this type of problem. Please let me know.
> Thank you all for your courage.

Could be a few issues, concentrated air will look cloudy, over use of
tubing and reuse of the resevoir may cause insulin aggregation as it
interacts with the tubing, or may be some contamination especially if it
has happened within the same box of supplie.  Hopefully MiniMed will
answer you with specifics soon.  I wish you continued success with your
pump therapy.

send the next two lines in a message
to the e-mail address: email @ redacted