Hello members of the Insulin Pumpers medical professional mail list.
A colleague is conducting market research about the insulin pump market
and had a few questions he asked that I post to you. If you have the
time, please write your comments an simply reply to me privately
email @ redacted
Insulin Pump Survey
reference: US pump companies currently in market
1. Over the past year how many new patients have you put on pump
2. Is this an increase or decrease over the past year?
3. Do you see established pump patients switching brands? If so, which
pump is gaining and which pump is being replaced?
4. Which insulin pump do you recommend most often? Why?
5. Based on your observations which pump is the simplest to use?
6. How often do you recommend pump users test their blood sugars?
7. How often do you recommend pump patients test their A1C levels?
8. In your opinion what is the biggest obstacle to putting a patient on
a. Lack of insurance coverage
b. Calibrating/learning curve
c. Patients don't want to be hooked up to mechanical device
9. Do you believe Lantus is having a negative impact on pump
10. In your opinion do you believe pump therapy is a better treatment
regimen then multiple daily injections (MDI)? Yes No
a. If yes, why do you feel this way?
i. Patients reach an A1c level of 7 or below
ii. Patient compliance
11. Please rate the following pump brands on:
a. quality /reliability
b. patient support
c. helping patients with their insurance
d. overall value
12. which pump company is the easiest to work with (rank)
13. which pump company offers the best customer service (Rank)
14. Are you using an insulin pump? If yes, which brand and how long on
your current pump - have you switched pumps? If so from what was
your previous pump
Please tells us about your practice
How many patients do you have? % that have diabetes
The total number/% on pump therapy, MDI, oral only, combination
Which category best describes your practice
How long have you been practicing
How many pump trainers do you in your office?
Insulin-Pumpers website http://www.insulin-pumpers.org/
for HELP or to subscribe/unsubscribe/change list versions,