Re: [IPm] question regarding alternative sites

I have used buttocks, area over the hip and breast sites for catheters. All
worked fine and seem to be less sensitive than the upper abdomen.

At 03:18 PM 2/28/02 -0400, you wrote:
>Does anyone have experience with using alternative sites to the abdomen?
>Legs? Arms? Buttocks?  What was the outcome? Any problem with maintaining
>sites over active muscles?
>Thanks for your insights.
>Janet von Weiler
>Janet von Weiler
>Dietitian, Paediatrics
>Saint John Regional Hospital
>Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada
>Telephone (506) 648-7052
>email email @ redacted
>"This is a personal email.  Any opinions, statements, advice
>or recommendations contained in this email are my own,
>and do not reflect those of  Atlantic Health Sciences Corporation."
>send the next two lines in a message
>to the e-mail address: email @ redacted

Julie Morrow
Research Leader, Livestock Issues Research Unit
125 Animal Science Building
Texas Tech University
Lubbock, TX 79409-2141
(806) 742-4214