[IPm] (Fwd) FW: diluent for NovoLog

There have been several requests from parents of pediatric pumpers
for a diluent for Novolog. I've spoken the the pharm-chemist at Novo
but they are unable to say what should be used because of regulatory
constraints. They were kind enough to provide me with the ingredients
and names of the available diluents for their other products.

Are any of you comfortable enough with the information provided to
make a recommendation for a suitable diluent for Novolog.

Michael Robinton
Executive Director
Insulin Pumpers
email @ redacted

Novo's response...................................

Diluent ingredients:

Soluble diluent (for use with Novolin(r) R): Glycerol, metacresol,
sodium hydroxide/HCL (to adjust pH)

Isophane Insulin Diluent (for use with Novolin(r) N and 70/30):
Glycerol, Disodium Phosphate Dihydrate, metacresol, phenol, sodium
hydroxide/HCL (to adjust pH)

Insulin Zinc Diluent (for use with Novolin(r) L): Zinc
chloride, sodium chloride, sodium acetate, methyl
parahydroxybenzoate, Sodium hydroxide/HCL (to adjust pH)

Ingredients for NovoLog: glycerin, phenol, metacresol, zinc, disodium
hydrogen phosphate dihydrate, sodium chloride, sodium hydroxide/HCL
(to adjust pH).

No recommendation can be made at this time on diluting NovoLog or
Velosulin(r) BR with any of the above three diluents, even on a
theoretical basis.

Novo Nordisk....
send the next two lines in a message
to the e-mail address: email @ redacted