Re: [IPm] message posting

Kimberly:

Site longevity is somewhat individual, but the standard 3 days is what I
would endorse. Otherwise it gets somewhat costly. Make sure the family
checks the site daily for irritation and redness and integrity of the
taping. Also, it helps to verify proper insertion technique (especially
sterile technique) if you begin to notice an increased incidence in site
redness or infection. I presume parents are always present (or perform) the
insertion. Good luck!

Steve Ponder MD, CDE
Pediatric Endocrinology