Re: [IPm] message posting

Kimberly J Lobree wrote:

> I have a 10year old on a minimed pump from 6PM-7AM.  She uses the
> silhoutte insertion device.  I want feedback on how long she can use the
> same tubing and reservior?  She caps the end of the tubing when it's not
> in use.  Can she use the same tubing for the usual 3 days most pumpers
> do?  Should she change the tubing and reservior everyday?  Should she
> change everything everyday?  Thanks for any feedback.  Kim Lobree RN,
> CDE

> send the next two lines in a message
> info
> end
> to the e-mail address: email @ redacted

Hi Kimberley,

My advice as a minimed representative is this, the tubing should be fine
to reconnect AS LONG AS YOU PRIME IT A SMALL PORTION PRIOR TO
RECONNECTION.  That way if there is a delivery adhesion problem, the
alarm will sound prior to the actual delivery attempt.  As for the
resevoir, it should be cycled at the begining, andshould be okay.  If
you get no delivery alarms, I might suggest setting a basal rate for 0.1
units per hour when she isn't wearing it, just to keep everything
moving.  Just out of interest, when will she plan on wearing it 27-7?

Deidre Ailles, DSM MiniMed