Re: [IPm] Re: Humalog Sensitivity -- Problem, Solutions

> Dear Michael:
> Please do not interpret my reply as a "poo-poo" of your
> observations.  I think that they are probably correct, but I think
> that the explanation that you were given is highly unlikely.
> Instead, I offered a mechanism by which I believe that they can
> plausibly be explained.

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that you were being negative. I've
received some very negative comments in the past about this idea and
yours were refreshingly positive in comparison.
> I am not surprised that the "tail" effect proved undesireable.
> Lispro insulin has been a tremendous boon.

The tail is not really noticable with a 5:1 H:V mix. With increasing
Velosulin is becomes noticeable and does not appear to improve the
site life. There are a few pumpers I know who use lower ratios, but
they do so because the action of H is too fast and they have
digestive complications. This is only a few people however.

> It finally made pumps
> really useful. unfortunately, it is far from an ideal pump insulin,
> just as you point out.
>  From the data that I have seen and from my own pre-launch
>  experience, I
> think that aspart (Novolog) may be superior in pumps, although I am
> not yet ready to endorse it as the universal pump insulin.
I'd appreciate it if you would pass on any info you gather. There are
many pumpers interested in this.

send the next two lines in a message
to the e-mail address: email @ redacted