RE: [IPm] (Fwd) Re: letters'

Hi, Jill,
	I now work for Animas Corporation--the "third kid on the block"--the new
insulin pump!  Animas received FDA clearance February 10, 2000 and are now
in the marketing phase!
	I have done diabetes education for 32 + years and CSII for 18 + years and
we always received PRIOR APPROVAL for the "insulin therapy" or "intensive
diabetes management"--or dosing.  We requested payment for the pump AND for
the insulin therapy.
	Where are you located?  How has your reimbursement  been?
	Please give me a call and I would be glad to e-mail a letter we used.

Charlene Freeman, RN, CDE, CPT
Manager Clinical Services
Phone 1-800-494-7974
Fax 1-800-494-7976