[Ältere Mails][Nach Datum][Verzeichnis der Threads][Mail senden]

[IPd] Important safety information H-TRON or H-TRONplus used in water

I have received a copy from Disetronic of a patient information
letter that will be mailed to H-TRON and HTRONplus owners in the
morning (Friday, 16 March) along with a supplement to the pump
manual. In an effort to disseminate the information rapidly, D has
asked Insulin Pumpers to let you know about this saftey bulletin
immediately and to place a link on our web site that you can use to
veiw the information directly.

Basically the letter says that they've received some pumps back that
have cracked cases and which leaked when immersed in water. This has
apparently led to a few cases of overdelivery while swimming.
Disetronic is advising pump owners not to swim with their pumps on to
avoid the possibility of this happening.

As you can imagine, Disetronic is probably not to pleased to
make such an announcement. I urge all of you not to overeact to the
news.

To READ the FULL TEXT of the LETTER and the MANUAL SUPPLEMENT
visit this URL:

http://www.disetronicusa.com/releases/safetyinfo.asp

or go to the Insulin Pumpers home page or LINKS page for a link to
this site.

Michael