[IP] Tandem X2 - Quick Bolus question

Hi friends,

I just started using the T-Slim X2 (Basal IQ) before 2 days and am still
trying to get used to the pump and different options.

I have just noticed that while trying to give a quick bolus, if there's a
notification / alert message then you need to unlock the pump first, then read
the notification / alert message, press OK and only then you are allowed to
give a quick bolus. So, for example, today morning my sugar levels started
going high after breakfast and so there was an alert / notification message
informing me that the sugar levels are going up (from Dexcom G6). At time, I
tried giving quick bolus by pressing the button however that didn't work
unless the above-mentioned steps were followed - which to me defeats the whole
purpose of quick bolus function.

Like imagine a case, my sugar numbers were going high and I'm in a meeting or
with friends where I wouldn't want to take out the pump in front of all -
rather just press the quick bolus button to give the bolus discreetly - seems
this isn't possible if there's a notification / alert message.

Would be great if friends using the Tandem pump can please give your inputs or
any workarounds if there are.

Thanks,
Rupesh