[IPn] How it all began

Yesterday a member asked me to write a little blurb about how Insulin
Pumpers got started so here goes.

When my daughter Lily was 11, she was dx'd with diabetes a couple of
days after her 11th birthday (July 1), not such a good b'day present.

A month later we went on a family camping trip to the American River
in the Sierra foothills. When we arrived I noticed the gentleman in
the next camp site had this odd - square sunburned patch on his belly
about 2 inches square. It slipped from my mind, however a couple of
days later Lily's younger sister Daisy ran up to me and said "Daddy,
Daddy, the man in the camp site next to us has diabetes like Lily".
Well being "exceptionally" curious 'cause I'd never spoken to anyone
that had diabetes, I went over and introduced myself. We chatted for
about a half hour during which time he never mention an insulin pump.

My curiosity about the small square sunburned spot rose up again so I
asked him about it and he replied "that's where my infusion set for
my insulin pump was, I forgot to put on sun screen when I removed
it".

Well my mind was whirling at that point and the next question I asked
was "what's and insulin pump?"

More tomorrow.

Please donate to the pledge drive. Insulin Pumpers need your support.

	http://www.insulin-pumpers.org/donate/
or

Insulin Pumpers now accepts crypto currency's like Bitcoin (at
donation checkout)

To challenge the membership to match your generosity with a
contribution of $100.00 or more visit:

	http://www.insulin-pumpers.org/challenge/

You can donate and old car (running or not, we'll tow it) or pretty
much anything big with a motor (boat, airplane, snowmobile, whatever)

	http://www.insulin-pumpers.org/cars/

and the old fashioned way by snail mail

	Insulin Pumpers
	558 Valley Way