Re: [IP] Cortisone Shot - The Day After

On 5/26/2011 9:09 PM, Schlight family wrote:
> Denise wrote:
> This morning, my breakfast bolus needed to be almost doubled, but I
> still reached the low 200s...by late afternoon, my BG was in the pits.
> Now, I have just reached 200 again (BUZZ! said the Dexcom!) and will
> bolus sharply for that.
>
> I didn't feel the need to call my endo for advice on changing dosage to
> compensate for the cortisone.  The CGMS is giving me good info - even
> though the sensor is on Day 16 of its life.
>
> Anybody with any info on trigger finger(s) is welcome to contact me
> off-list.  So far I've heard from just over a half dozen people with
> trigger finger.  Just want to know if you've had a clicking or stuck
> digit, what you did for it and if it resolved the problem.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Denise
>
> It has been over 10 years since I had surgery on my digits and wrists.
> I had cortisone in a trigger thumb in each hand; I also had trigger
> releases in a total of 5 digits; and I had releasing of DeQuervain's
> Syndrome in both wrists
>
> All this injury was the result of a serious fall down a flight of
> basement stairs landing with one wrist forward and one backward
>
> Whenever I have had cortisone shots, I have required using abt  2 /2
> times my normal basal/background insulin dosages for up to 10 days,
> with only the last day or two being less than 2X
>
> Meal boluses did not seem to change too much with the cortisone,
> assuming that I got and kept the BG down closer to normal
>
> MichelleS .

Denise/Michelle
I feel your pain, literally.  I was diagnosed today with DeQuervain's
Tenosynovitis, with resultant injection or Marcaine and Kenalog.  I will
be fighting the highs for about a week.  I am in a splint and my Ortho
also gave me a script for Voltaren gel.  I have used it for other joint
issues and it works well.  He says it works well for DeQuervain's.  Good
lucj with your BG's.

Clint Randolph
Jax, FL
Ping/Dexcom