From: Mary Donovan <email @ redacted>
Subject: [IP] A question on behalf of a friend
To: email @ redacted
Date: Friday, May 20, 2011, 10:45 PM

Hello all,
I have a friend on a list for parents of kids with diabetes who posted this
question to our group: My older sister is diabetic and insulin dependant. She
is unemployed and has no insurance, nor does she qualify for state
assistance.
She is stressing and struggling to get her insulin. I have thought about
allowing her to borrow my sons insulin stuff, but I can not deprive my son to
help my sister. I am doing some research online to help my sister, but was
wondering if any of you have been in this position or know someone who needs
insulin but can't afford it. I am so worried about my sister and her diabetic
needs. Just wanted to give a shout out to my diabetic peeps..... Right now
she
is in California but will be heading back to Missourri this summer. She
doesnt
qualify for state aid because two years ago when her husband passed away our
mom helped her pay off her house in Mo. so she wouldn't have to stress about
that. So, since she owns her home
outright, she doesn't qualify for state assistance unless she sells her
house. And it's silly, because it's not an expensive home, it's a small house
in a very small town in Missourri.Thank you for your help with this. I got
her
permission to post her question to the group in the hopes that some of you
might have some ideas that I can send along to her.  Thanks so much in
advance
for any advice you can give!
MaryMom of Dan, 20 dx 01 pumping since 03, dexcom 09 mm revel 11