Re: [IP] A question on behalf of a friend

 It sounds more like she could go for Federal SSID or SSI. In the meantime, look
into MSI (Medical services for the Indigent)
 *I* own my own home outright, and because of being legally blind all my life I
get SSI and Medicaid.

 Now that I am 55, they're trying to make me go on SSID (Social Security) and
Medicaid/Medicare. Bang goes CGMS and more hoops to do for medical things. I got
another supplies order filled and will have that before any changes take place,
but don't know what the summer will hold once the changes happen in my coverage.

I live in California, but from what I understand, my benefits are Federal.