Re: [IP] Insulin pump differeces

----- Original Message -----

> From: Mark Thomas <email @ redacted>
>
> 1. Many people make a big deal about Minimed pumps not being waterproof. I
> don't know about everyone on the group but, couldn't you just disconnect
> when your in the water? I take my pump off when I shower and I don't have
> any serious problems.

 I don't do many water activities so not having a waterproof pump isn't an issue
for me (I use Minimed). Even if my pump was waterproof, there is absolutely no
way I would wear it in the shower or bath. The small amount of missed basal
while disconnected isn't an issue for me.

 > 2. Is it really that important that your pump reminds you of the last time
you
> changed your infusion set? I change mine every 3 days.

 I change my set twice a week, Wednesday evenings & Sunday mornings. I've never
had a site change reminder in my pump since I've only had MM pumps, but I think
I'd have that feature turned off if my pump did have it. I've never used the
Missed Bolus reminder because my schedule isn't the same every day. I don't need
extra annoying alarms and I have also never missed a bolus (when actually
eating) so that feature is useless for me.

--
Liz
Type 1 dx 4/1987