[IP] Insulin pump differeces

I have pumped insulin for about 12 years now and I would like to ask the
group a few questions?

1. Many people make a big deal about Minimed pumps not being waterproof. I
don't know about everyone on the group but, couldn't you just disconnect
when your in the water? I take my pump off when I shower and I don't have
any serious problems.

2. Is it really that important that your pump reminds you of the last time
you changed your infusion set? I change mine every 3 days.

I just see these remarks come up frequently and I would just like to know
how important these things really are.

Thanks, Mark