[IP] SS disability

I have neuropathy in my feet, my hands, and some gastric issues..my
vision JUST makes the limit for driving in New Yok..reimopathy is stable
at moment, being treated for diabetic macluar edema, have no peripheral
vision  (laser treatment for retinopathy)...  arthritis in
spine...little stamina.   Type 1 for 50 years....  have good ontrol now
with the pump.    I need and want to go back to work--retail, nanny,
housekeeper, whatever. but I am finding it very difficult.  Are any of
you on disability?  Can you advise me:  will I have to give up my
driver's license?  will I need to go through a lot of costly, painful or
otherwise yukky testing?

   Thanks so much for any advice and help.

Diana