Re: [IP] dexcom G4

I'm not sure it's a matter of helping with insulin pump therapy.  I think
it's a tool for anyone who has type one diabetes or if you're a type 2 on
insulin.  It simply tells you when you are too high or too low before you
get into trouble.  It also has arrow indicators that let you know when
you're dropping or rising at different rates.  For instance, if you're at
100 and you have two arrows pointing down, you know that you are dropping
fast and you need to get some carbs into you right away.  On the other
hand, if you're at 100 and the arrow is in a neutral position, you know you
have nothing to worry about, but you may want to keep watch.  You can set
the parameters as you wish.  I buzz at 70 and 200, but you can make your
own limits.  You also want to follow up with a finger poke, as a dexcom can
be inaccurate and should never be soley trusted.  Very often it is
inaccurate for the first day that you insert the sensor.  It is a wonderful
machine and I love, love, love it and I do believe it's saved me many times
from having terrible lows.

It is expensive.  Not quite sure how much, but worth every penny to me.
Susan