 From: d-d <email @ redacted>
To: email @ redacted
Sent: Saturday, March 22, 2014 12:18 PM
Subject: Re: [IP] Swelling in my legs/Exercise

What are shin splints?  If it's what I think it is, it's peripheral
artery disease.  It causes the muscles in your legs to lock up in pain
and you have to rest for several minutes in order to walk.  I had stents
placed in both of my femoral arteries (the ones in my thighs) 15 years
ago.  In order to keep them from closing up again, I have to walk and
not ride a bike (although bike-riding is permitted) because the muscles
affected are the ones used in walking.  Walking places a demand for the
arteries with the stents in them to deliver oxygen.  I eat a low
carbohydrate, higher fat, medium protein diet in order to reduce
inflammation (and that means no wheat, no sugar).

Denise Br.