RE: [IP] Re: price of insulin

John, I didn't know about the co-pay ban in Mass. In NJ there is a ban on the
coupons that Kmart offers as an incentive to transfer prescriptions from
another pharmacy. I would assume that was done to protect community pharmacies
from chains. I just found an interesting article about the co-pay ban.
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/02/business/02coupon.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0
There's a bit of a false argument being made here by some of the consumer
advocates. In certain cases (perfect example, Coreg CR and generic
alternatives for heart failure, which I take) there are major clinical
differences in the quality of the drug. Also lisinopril can vary depending on
which version. Others like enalapril are pretty close to brand Vasotec. I have
no coverage, and I'm saving $100 a month with my Novolog coupon.

David Jones
freelance journalist
https://davidjones.contently.com
973-485-4153 (phone)