[IP] Fwd: Loaner pump setup

Sent from my iPad

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Kathie Kienle <email @ redacted>
> Date: March 20, 2014 at 8:48:30 AM EDT
> To: email @ redacted
> Subject: Loaner pump setup
>
> I have once again ordered a MM loaner pump for a up coming trip.  In the
past I called MM support people to set up the pump in the event mine failed.
All I would have to do in the event I needed the loaner pump was to hit a few
buttons which I wrote down the instructions the last time and I would be good
to go.  During the week it sat in my suitcase I heard nothing from the pump.

> Last night I tried to do this again with MM but they didn't leave me in the
same situation as last time.  We programmed the pump with day, date time and
basal rates which is what I wanted and kept the red cap on it.  She explained
that once the reservoir driver reaches the cap, the pump will think it is
empty and start to beep.  I don't want it beeping in my luggage in my
stateroom when I am not there.  We decided to take the battery out and I guess
I will have to reprogram it myself in the event I need the loaner pump. right
now the reservoir is sitting against the red cap but the pump thinks it still
has 122 units left because the red cap is in the pump. The pump has no battery
in it.