Re: [IP] insulin questions

Insulin only lasts for a few days when kept at body temperature (e.g.
in a pump held next to you), or so I'm told.

When a MiniMed pump says there are 0 units left, there are really
10-15 left. I haven't yet experimented to find the exact amount, but
after 3 days, when it is time to change my set in the morning, and the
pump says "Low Reservoir" with 0 units left, I'll still us it for my
morning bolus of 5 units or so.

I once tried to refill a reservoir by injecting insulin in it with a
syringe. It didn't work, so I didn't try that again.

--
Steve