Re: [IP] Recommended Disconnecting Pump for takeoff and landing

I had to smile at this, since the inactivity of an airplane sit/ride
(sitting on plane before takeoff and the actual flight) impacts my BG so
much more than anything 'suggested' in this ...
ah,, life with Diabeasties is such a 'moving target', variable rich
environment, and it is SO up to each of us to figure out (trial and
error, combined with the infamous SWAG, lol) what impacts, works,
doesn't work, etc, in order to maximize our own health

MichelleS
dx Jan 1969 IDDM
still kicking, albeit, slower these days

On 3/13/2014 10:15 AM, Denise Danielson wrote:
> I spoke to a rep from Asante and they told me all insulin pumps should be
> disconnected before take off and landing.  I've never known about before and
> wondered if everyone does this?   Here is what is in our user manual
> concerning traveling by air: Air Travel  When traveling by airplane,
> disconnect the infusion set from yourbody during takeoff and landing. As with
> any insulin pump, during takeoff thepressure change in the cabin will cause
> any air bubbles in the cartridge andinfusion set to expand. If you fail to
> disconnect, the expanding bubbles will pushinsulin into your body and lead to
> potential overdelivery. By disconnecting theinfusion set before takeoff and
> keeping it disconnected until after the plane reachescruising altitude, you
 > can avoid any inadvertent delivery caused by the change inair pressure.
During