Re: [IP] insulin questions

 45 units? My minimed has about 11 units when I prime. I don't push any in with
the plunger before priming. I don't bother with saving the insulin in the
tubing. I do reuse reservoirs, but I change infusion set every 2-3 days
depending on how my skin is doing.

Stacey M

Sent from my iPad

On Mar 11, 2014, at 16:39, "Jan H" <email @ redacted> wrote:

>> My Dr has me on 2 vials of insulin per month at a $40 copay.
>> I load 200 units per reseviour and sometimes i have to change
>> my set early so im noticing im running out before the end of
>> the month. Has anyone taken the leftover from the last resevour
>> you used and pulled it into the new one so as not to waste.
>
 > I withdraw the last insulin in my tubing into my reservoir, which amounts to
about 40u, then add to it and attach new tubing. My Rx is written for 45u a day
to account for the insulin in the tubing. Medicare says you need the RX written
for what the *PUMP* uses - not what *YOU* use. There is a difference in the 2
amounts. BTW, if you are T1 on Medicare, Part B will buy your insulin with no
copay if you have a supplemental policy (Medigap).