Re: [IP] insulin questions

> My Dr has me on 2 vials of insulin per month at a $40 copay.
> I load 200 units per reseviour and sometimes i have to change
> my set early so im noticing im running out before the end of
> the month. Has anyone taken the leftover from the last resevour
> you used and pulled it into the new one so as not to waste.

I withdraw the last insulin in my tubing into my reservoir, which amounts to
about 40u, then add to it and attach new tubing. My Rx is written for 45u a
day to account for the insulin in the tubing. Medicare says you need the RX
written for what the *PUMP* uses - not what  *YOU* use. There is a
difference in the 2 amounts.  BTW, if you are T1 on Medicare, Part B will
buy your insulin with no copay if you have a supplemental policy (Medigap).

Jan & Muskers- T-1, 11/5/50, pumping 8/23/83, Dialyzing 7/8/02
http://tinyurl.com/JansBooks   http://tinyurl.com/evolvingpumps