Re: [IP] insulin questions

I remember 14 years ago when I first went on insulin I was throwing out
partial vials because the Dr. said it was only good for 28 days once
opened, now I'm using the whole thing and having to ask for more. I haven't
figured out a secure way of reusing the tubing yet and I only will do it
once if i do. it makes sense to me to try to stretch our dollars and
supplies. I have insurance but not as good as years ago and my co-pays are
a lot higher now. My husbands insurance swapped to Express scripts, I guess
it was Medco before and they only cover 1 brand of test strips now..not
mine and only will cover humalog, not novalog. I have figured out Express
scripts is pretty much useless if you have any real health problems. I
recently got my own insurance through my job and its a better plan but the
copay is higher.

The reason I'm changing a set so often is I've had a couple of times the
set was irritating me or I wasn't getting any insulin absorption even
though i was testing and pumping. When i changed the site the "hole" was
red and black irritated and swollen and I read it was one reason that
BGwould be high when pumping is lack of absorption at a irritated
site. I try
to take it right up to a low reservoir but sometimes i cant.

 BTW I really glad to have this group to run things by. It helps to have
someone to bounce things off especially as a new pumper like myself.

Kerry

--
EVERYONE'S HOROSCOPE SHOULD READ "GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER"