[IP] RE: Animas calls about bubbles

Thank you, Morgan.  Just some quick comments

 I changed the cartridge yesterday afternoon and had my husband take a look at
what was still in the cartridge and I also had him check the connection from the
cartridge to the tubing. To my total surprise, he showed me as he did it and
saidits just not TIGHT!!!! Of course there is no way to check once the
cartridge is IN the pump unless you want to do the whole rewind, etc. business
and I just did not even consider that that might be a good part of the problem,
this time. I do use my fingers to tighten the cartridge-tubing connection but I
just dont have a great tightening ability so I have, for YEARS, then used
needle-nose pliers to further tighten that connection. If anything, I have been
afraid of cracking something from over tightening.

 However.I have had relatively significant bubbles in the tubing for yearsand
I really am talking about spaces that move in the tubing (ie., NOT just a color
change but an actual bubble that I then prime to remove). I thought, maybe my
NEW cartridge, yesterday, would be miraculous and have NO bubblesmy husband
checked yesterday and said Its TIGHT this time".. I still think that it might
be possible that more people are experiencing bubbles than they are aware of.
Im also guessing that most people simply would not need to worry about a little
insulin missing one way or the other and probably NEVER check the tubing. My
tiny amounts of insulin that I need at different times of the day mean that even
a one-quarter inch bubble is a problem. (Another noteI am better at filling the
cartridge, thank you, than anything I have read or seen in a video on the web so
bubbles IN the cartridge upon filling it with insulin in the beginning are not
the problem.) I wear the pump hooked onto my slacks and my sites have been in my
thighs for the past several months.

 SOthis morning, before my breakfast bolus, I disconnected and checked the
tubing, fingers crossedbut right therein the middle of the tubing was a
bubble, a little more than an inch longI showed my husband and he shook his
head and agreed. There were NO bubbles in the cartridge when we started
yesterdayand that is why I feel compelled to check.often.

 As for when I called Animasit was about 4:30 p.m., EST, for the first
calland I waited twice, through the next hour, for both unsuccessful calls.

 I may be just a YMMV person with this problem due to my own special
circumstances - so continuing to just DEAL with it! may be the only answer.

Barbara