RE: [IP] Medicare/Express Scripts question

Hi Michael,

The BP med is not covered unless you have a Part D supplement.  A & B don't
cover meds.  The strips will be covered under Part B because you're on a
pump, but your doc has to write the prescription to say that and the
pharmacy has to be told (by you) to bill Medicare part B.  If you have a
supplement to Part B, then the strips will be paid in full and you won't pay
a penny.  If you have ONLY A & B you will pay part of the bill.

Sue
else's life."

<<I have Medicare parts A and B and also on my wife's insurance through
United Health Care.
 I just received a call from Express scripts regarding a refill of blood
pressure meds and test strips for my medtronic pump. I paid with Health Care
spending account card thru my wife's employer and asked if Medicare paid for
any of these refills and was told no. Is that correct.?>>
Michael