[IP] Control IQ vs Basal IQ?

 Control IQ vs Basal IQ
HI, Phoenix,
Thanks for sharing your experience. It reflects my concern about changing over
to Control IQ.
I've had the Basal IQ, which I have largely used successfully at night to
avert lows, or when I'm taking exercise.It is easy to turn on and off.
I was concerned about the Control IQ, as it sets a much higher target range
than I'm comfortable with.(My A1C hovers between 5.7 and 5.9).B I, too, have
had frequent occlusion alarms which is bothersome. But whenever I check to see
if insulin is still coming through the tubing, it still is.B So I plug it back
in, and everything's fine after that.
So, in case you're not successful in returning the pump, an alternative could
be to change over to the Basal IQ.It's not hard monitoring high BGs and
correcting where necessary manually.
Good luck with sorting out the problem with Tandem!
Alice

    On Saturday, June 6, 2020, 12:10:21 PM PDT, insulin-pumpers-digest