Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2011 10:13:19 +0200
From: vdr jean <email @ redacted>
Subject: Re: [IP] "rainbow" vision

I do not see "overexposed" white light, but it's a little bit difficult for
me
to read when I am under 70 : I have to re-read lines. I relate it to the
sophisticated micro eye movements needed for reading. It's a sure low BG
symptom
for me. I can use it if I doubt I am OK. I guess the brains , when low in
(sugar) fuel, disconnects what's "not important" first. I am not an expert,
but
I guess controlling the "aperture" of the eye to avoid too much light might
imply a sophisticated retroactive muscular movement too. I am a little bit
more
wondering about the "rainbow effect". It sure is worth investigating a
little
bit, especially if laser surgery has already been needed (which is my case,
but
I do not see rainbows when low. - Must be a nice picture, though !)
I think one should experiment and search a little bit around the impact of
low
BG on one's sophisticated bodily functions (like vision, hearing, body
weight
and temperature, you name it). It might give one a set of new indications
and
"self tests" in order to get early warnings of a low. I for sure managed to
save
a quantity of costly bg tests that way : if I suspect I am low for whatever
reason, I do a quick reading test to have another evidence of a low, then
treat
(not avertreat it of course..) it if positive. Then I have another try at
reading small types in the next hour.

Jean Debefve in Belgium

Le 25 juin 2011 ` 02:58, Laura Shapiro a icrit :