Re: [IP] with SSP, it's always an adventure...

Hi Sara,

It sounds like you were fortunate to find the experts at Princess
Grace who were able to figure it out for you. You said it was acute
glaucoma, and it sure sounds like it was acute. Was it just one eye? I
have had glaucoma for about 15 years, obviously not acute. My pressure
is kept under control with eye drops, twice a day. My pressures are
usually about 14, so your 11 sounds good.

I'm sure you realize you were also fortunate that they let you manage
your diabetes, particularly with two languages being involved, even if
you do speak French. You did a pretty good job of picking your
vacation place.

Where did I spend my vacation? Well, I spent 3.5 days in Boston, at
Joslin, attending the Medalist Celebration. There were more than 100
of us, each having survived T1 for at least 50 years.

Tom Beatson
SSP wrote:
So, a little trip report for ya.... Just back from 16 days in France
and Italy.  <snip> Then, last monday, this massive  headache hits.
<snip> Thursday, 4th day of head ache, I was feeling better so I went
to  the beach, where I quickly sank...<snip> so the life guard called
the firemen (slurp)  and they thought maybe there was something up
with my thyroid cuz my eye was red and a bit puffy looking. <snip> I
was whisked off to Princess Grace Hospital in Monaco,  where i was
told in French, I had acute glaucoma and needed laser surgery but they
couldn't do it til I stopped writhing in pain...<snip> Friday morning,
I am  feeling much better and can hold still, do they laser three
small holes  in my iris...I feel water pouring down my cheek...Instant
Relief.  Pressure is now 11 in both eyes.