Re: [IP] Changing sites

----- Original Message -----

> From: Jan H. <email @ redacted>

 > I leave a set in for 5 days (I use 25-30 U a day, depending on how many
cherries
 > in the pie) and if I left the old set in an additional 2 days it would start
> grow into the skin.

Jan,

 I know you're a long time pumper. Have you always used a set for 5 days? Have
you encountered any problems with scar tissue at all? I had always changed every
3 days. Last year I switched to a twice weekly routine (Wednesday evening &
Sunday morning) but sometimes I'd forget the Wednesday evening change so that
set would be in for 4 days. While I have not had any absorption issues, I do
worry about it so I don't like to extend the sets too much.

 Also, I'm one of the lucky people who don't experience any high BGs or sudden
drops after a change. I always remove the old set before putting the new one in.

--
Liz
Type 1 dx 4/1987