[IP] Battery life on Dexcom receiver?

Mary Wrote:
 My question is, does anyone have any experience with how long the receiver
lasts? I know the battery will give out at some point, and I'm just wondering
how long we'd have till we'd face replacing that too.

Ricardo Responda:
Hi Mary,

 The official answer from Dexcom the last time I checked is approximately 12 -
18 months, I am still on my original receiver at 30 months.

 Dexcom sent me an email after 1 year offering to replace the receiver (and bill
my insurance), I am holding out for the Animas/ Dexcom integration,

 At 30 months, the only problem the receiver gives is that it will die quicker
after the battery level gets to 1 or 2 bars, so I keep it charged on 3 bars by
charging it daily for 20 - 30 minutes when I get in the shower,