From: yerachmiel bruchya haLevi
Sent: Wednesday, June 22, 2011 6:14 PM
To: email @ redacted
Subject: [IP] Lawmakers Urge FDA to Speed Up Review of Diabetes Technology

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702304791204576402290057262316.ht
ml?mod=googlenews_wsj

re:  The Content of Investigational Device Exemption (IDE) and Premarket
Approval (PMA) Applications for Low Glucose Suspend (LGS) Device Systems

. BY STEPHANIE GLEASON
WASHINGTON-Congress on Wednesday continued to press the Food and Drug
Administration to speed its review of an artificial pancreas, a diabetes
technology that supporters say has the potential to ease daily patient
management of the disease.

"We're also moving closer to our goal of an artificial pancreas that would
revolutionize diabetes care," said Sen. Susan Collins (R., Maine), who
founded a Senate caucus on diabetes. "The FDA has played a pivotal role in
moving this research forward.but this is no time to take our foot off the
accelerator."

The artificial pancreas