Re: [IP] Any type 2's on pump and also on Medicare?

Linda,
Although the language seems to indicate an "and or" situation of
either being on a pump or having a qualifying C-peptide, my experience
was that I had to have a qualifying C-peptide lab result. For T1, the
result must be 0.5 or lower; for T2, the score needs to be 0.8 or
lower.

Although a fasting BS is also required, it doesn't seem to be the show
stopper; it's the C-peptide score that's critical. I had been a T2 for
25 years and a pumper for 10 years when I had my C-peptide test and
"passed" with 0.5.

Once the paperwork -- test results, doc's information/prescriptions,
pump/supplies infomation -- was completed and in the hot little hands
of the medical supplier (CCSMed), the deal was done and I've not paid
a penny for pump, supplies or insulin since then. If you don't have a
secondary policy that covers the 20% not paid by Medicare, then you
will have that expense.

I began the process with Minimed; they handed me off to the supplier.
My quarterly order is handled online; I receive an email two weeks
before the delivery date directing me to the website, where I modify
or change the quantities/items as needed. The supplies/insulin arrive
at my door by UPS two weeks later. This works even when I'm
"out-of-pocket," as I was last summer, first in Nebraska and then in
Texas and finally back here in Colorado.

So when you're within a few months of turning 65, begin the process
with your pump company. They'll handle it, or they'll hand you off to
a supplier. Either way, they know the hoops to be jumped through,
including the correct language for the insulin prescription. The
bottom line is that your C-peptide must meet Medicare's threshhold.

Best wishes for a successful outcome.
Diane