Re: [IP] Venting / various replies

> My all-time favorite comment relating to having diabetes..."So,
> what did you do, eat too much candy when you were little?"

I have been getting recently when I tell them I've had T-1 61 years: Were
you a child? DUH!!! (No, I'm 102 and well preserved.  Actually my dtr and I
are the same age - she turned 50 in May and I'm 50 if you don't count the
weekends.

> I get that too! I just ignore it MOST of the times ! I ate too much candy
> when I was little! Yeah okay then wouldn't most kids have it! :-P LOL

I tell them if that were so, every kid would have it right after Halloween -
or Easter.

> Since us Type 1s are only about 5% of the total Diabetic population, and
> we don't get all the press, people without our "disorder" think all
> Diabetics are overweight.

I'm the president of the local DM Education & Support Group. All of them are
T-2's and only one or two are really overweight. One 91-year-old is very
thin. I believe T-2 is mostly genetic.

Jan & Muskers- T-1 11/50, pmpg 8/83, hemodialysis 7/02
http://tinyurl.com/TSL-CLIPbooks
http://tinyurl.com/evolvingpumps