RE: [IP] Medco Insulin delivery

How should I store HUMALOG?
 Store all unopened (unused) HUMALOG in the original carton in a
refrigerator at 360F to 460F (20C to 80C).
 Do not freeze. Do not use HUMALOG if it has been frozen.
 Keep unopened HUMALOG in the carton to protect from light.
After starting use (open)

Vials:
 Keep in the refrigerator or at room temperature below 860F (300C) for up
to 28 days.
 Keep vials away from direct heat or light.
 Throw away an opened vial after 28 days of use, even if there is insulin
left in the vial.
 Unopened vials can be used until the expiration date on the HUMALOG carton
and label, if the medicine has been stored in a refrigerator.

Cartridge and Prefilled Pens:
 Keep at room temperature below 860F (300C) for up to 28 days.
 Do not store a cartridge or prefilled pen that you are using in the
refrigerator.
 Keep cartridges and prefilled pens away from direct heat or light.

The above is from Eli Lilly. It indicates that insulin should be kept AT
360F to 460F (20C to 80C). That would include shipping time. If it goes to
860F (300C) it can be kept for up to 28 days. So if you receive a 90 days'
supply in shipment and the temp is above 360F to 460F (20C to 80C), then it
will not last 90 days, only 28 days

John S Wilkinson, Rome, NY
"A  veteran  is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank
check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of up to
and including their life." (Author unknown)
Be very, very careful what you put into that head, because you will never,
ever get it out. Thomas Cardinal Wolsey (1471-1530)