Re: [IP] RE: Camping Trip and recent "NO DELIVERY" battery?

Candace,

I suggest you get your pump manual and read about the no delivery alarm (or
call customer service).

you will not find anything about the battery in that section because they are
not related.   Your theory sounds good, but it is incorrect and you are
putting yourself at risk of high BGs as a result.

i suggest you follow the instructions on how to trouble shoot the no delivery
alarm (what you have described, will make the alarm go away for a while but
will not fix the fact that you are not getting insulin).

the 'no delivery' alarm happens when the pump detects that the force needed to
deliver the insulin is too high ( indicating that there is probably a blocked
site or blocked tubing or a problem with the reservoir).

Pumps are designed to detect weak batteries far enough in advance that you
would not have a chance of the weak battery not being able to push the
insulin.   You would have an entirely different alarm if your battery was
weak.

Mark

Must