Subject: [IP] beginner's guide to CGMS for Paradigm 522 please?

Thanks everyone for your replies!  George, I hesitate to call Minimed since
I didn't buy the CGMS from them and they frown on that.  I have no
prescription for it, although my dr. would love to see me get one.  I lost
all insurance coverage for my pump supplies.

Thanks John and Liz for the link to the manuals.  I searched their website
but couldn't find them.

>Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2011 15:15:25 -0700 (PDT)
>From: Elizabeth Blake <email @ redacted>
>>Subject: Re: [IP] beginner's guide to CGMS for Paradigm 522 please?

> You will also need some kind of tape/dressing to put over the sensor &
>transmitter to keep it all on. I prefer Hypafix or Opsite Flexifix. IV3000,
>which Minimed included with the starter kit, falls right off me. Tegaderm
is
>okay, but the Hypafix or Opsite Felxifix are much better. They both come in
>rolls rather than individual pieces and you cut the length you need. The 4"
wide
>rolls work best as you can cut a 4 x 4 piece to completely cover
everything.

I didn't realize you had to cover the sensor with a dressing.  Ugh!  I've
tried every kind of clear dressing and after a day they start itching and
turning red.  I get little welts in the shape of the dressing when I peel it
off and it itches for days afterward.  Not sure what I will do about that.

Yessi