Re: [IP] Medicare

I ran into about the same thing.  I had to get my secondary insurance to call
 both Minimed and Animas to straiten it out. The out of pocket costs would have
been huge.  Both manufacturers said they required I use one of three outside
services none of which were on my secondary insurance list as providers.
Finally after pleading, a rep from my secondary got on the phone with me and
 there was an amazing reversal....like why would I make all this up and why
would
I have called all of these third parties.

I  suspect that a supervisor was involved in the previous call that did not
 include me. My guess is that the service reps at the pump companies were told
 to force clients to use these third parties. Given the money they are making on
CGMS and that the major insurance companies are the only ones funding it, that
clout may not hurt.   Something to keep in mind when selecting a secondary
insurance to medicare.

 Take care,
Francesca Alfino, dx '68 pumping since '93
www.DanversPapillons.com