Re: [IP] Medicare & Pumping

A letter of medical necessity might be what you need.  Talk to you doc.
Dick

On Jul 13, 2011, at 5:41 PM, Jeff Gamble wrote:

 > August first I have to start Medicare. I am type 2, and use a Ping. Is there
anyone out there who is insulin dependent type 2 on a pump and covered by
Medicare. I came down from an A1c of 9 to an A1c of 6 with the pump and now it
looks like I will have to go back to shots. And just when I got used to bolusing
.35 units for my 3 carb breakfast.

 > Again, I am looking for any way for Medicare supplemental insurance to pay
for pump supplies for a type 2 diabetic.