Re: [IP] Susan Exercise

Judy, thanks for your answer.  I actually decided not to give myself more
insulin and just stay up there until I worked out and I did not lower my
basal insulin as I usually do.  I only worked out for one hour (Zumba) and I
ended up crashing after about 40 minutes.  I am very insulin sensitive and
even more so when I am active, as you stated.  So, the experiment continues
and next time I am up there, I will try and lower my basal by about 25% and
see what happens.  I went to the doctor today and he said not to take
insulin to lower my bg even if it's 2-3 hours before working out just
because I am so sensitive.  If I'm in the normal range, I lower my bg by 50%
and eat an apple and peanut butter before working out.  I'm always amazed
when it works out right.  I hiked this weekend and ate an apple and lowered
my basal and I stayed around 200 the entire hike.  I usually have to have a
snack for this hike.  So, I just don't get it.

Thanks again for responding.  Susan