From: email @ redacted
[mailto:email @ redacted] On Behalf Of Julie Miley
Sent: Wednesday, July 13, 2011 12:09 PM
To: Insulinpumpers
Subject: [IP] Frustration with infusion sets

Even though I started on my pump just a month ago, I'm having to take a
break from it, due to having lots of problems with the MM Silhouette
infusion sets.  In the past month, I've had four instances when my
insulin absorption stopped and I had BGs of 275-435!  My endocrinologist
has ordered different infusion sets through VA, but I'm back to doing
MDI until I get the sets.  This is so frustrating because I certainly
can't know my pump settings are working until I have some stability with
absorption/infusion sets.

How many of you had to try two or more different sets (no matter what
brand of pump you use) before you found one that works well for you?
What were your experiences with this?

DenverJulie
Frustrated but not ready to give up on pump therapy, yet