Re: [IP] Need Advice About Site Absorption Problems

Gee, I was about to write to this group because of MY problems with
absorption with some infusion site changes!  I'm using the MM Silhouette
and have found that, if I insert the set too shallow, I get the
absorption problems.  I have the 13mm cannula.  If I insert at a 20
degree angle with the inserter, I find I have much better absorption and
BG readings.

What bugs me is that one area in particular has had problems twice with
absorption, but when I was injecting in that area, things were fine.
When I did MDI, I always just stuck the needle straight in, but with the
Silhouette sets, I have put them in at 45 degree angles.  That's when I
seem to be having the absorption problems!  I have definitely taken the
advice of endo and MM and change my sites/reservoirs every three days.

Also, with the really warm weather here, I'm sweating more and finding
my insertion sites get more easily irritated.  Just no way I'd try and
go more than three days at a time because of this.  BTW, I'm within the
"normal" weight range for my height and bone structure, but do have some
"fluffiness" in waist and hips!

DenverJulie