[IP] Medicare ALJ Case

Hi Pumpers on Medicare,

I've been through all the garbage with Medicare but wound up succeeding
and giving in to all of their nonsense and required extra paper work.

Every six months I have to submit all sorts of paperwork from the
doctor's reports, a new prescription and logs to show that I test 6-10
times a day and the prescription had to be worded very carefully.

I don't abuse the right to get these test strips and I don't
automatically order once a month but when I get to opening my last box,
I place another order and go through all the hoops and give the required
paperwork to Publix who worked very hard with me to get the strips.

I think what tics me off even worse is Medtronics telling me that I can
only order supplies every 80 days and then have to check with my doctor
to make sure I visited her (an endo) every three months otherwise I get
zilch!....and then once that is accomplished, I have to wait at least
another two to three weeks to actually get my stuff!

Used to be able to order batteries and Medicare paid for them but
Medtronics said they don't do that any longer and that I need to go to a
pharmacy and buy them myself.

And to someone's comments about NPH, yes, I know a few people who are
using the 70/30.

Kathy B.

No matter what happens, God is in control. Give Him all glory and honor!